Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew Packer : Greengrocer & Witness

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Hard to argue against him, Debs....thank you for the MP excerpt
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

    Comment


    • #92
      Thanks, Debs. Your mind is a steel trap.

      Yours truly,

      Tom Wescott

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
        Hi Ed. With all due respect, you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about when it comes to this stuff. So don't be a hater. I've already substantiated these claims and will do so again in my book. As for this notion that my claims go unchallenged by Monty and Rob, I can assure you that's not the case. However, I think the difference might be that I haven't created 20 threads to tell the world that Charles Le Grand or anyone else was the Ripper. I also haven't polluted, disrupted, or taken over someone else's thread to do the same. If and when I behave this way, I can promise you that Rob and Monty would not take it any easier on me than they have you. And to be honest, I don't think your boy Christer does you any favors. Take him out of the mix and you have a lot less ruined and pointless threads and virtually no provocation of Monty. I think you catch the brunt of some of that, but overall you and Mr. Lucky have been model posters, in my opinion, even when we've disagreed. So before putting all the blame on Monty and Rob, have a talk with Home Grown.

        I only brought Le Grand up to challenge the claim that Lech is the best Ripper suspect in regards to the torso murders. I presented a few facts that prove beyond doubt that Le Grand is better for it than Lech, but at no time did I actually argue for his guilt. I could probably take a number of random suspects and created a better case than you have for Lech, but Le Grand's the one I know best.

        Yours truly,

        Tom Wescott
        Due to staff shortages the Cartel can only deal with one idiotic theory at a time.

        Besides, you should be grateful for the attention Rob and I have lavished on your theory Ed, no one else has really been that bothered.

        If you can mail me where you feel my attention should be directed I shall try to oblige however I must point out that Tom and I have locked horns on many issues over the, what? Last 15 years Tom? And he has had his fair share of strong opinion from me.

        Be flattered I deem you worthy enough to be challenged. Its a compliment.

        Monty

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          Hard to argue against him, Debs....thank you for the MP excerpt
          And whether it was seed or substance- according to the Daily News he determined it 'from an examination of the stomach'.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
            Thanks, Debs. Your mind is a steel trap.

            Yours truly,

            Tom Wescott
            scented with 'odeur d' pipi et vinaigre' of course.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Wicker Man View Post

              Two subsequent incidents, the shoeblack & the tramcar, then the men buying rabbits.

              .
              Been meaning to ask about the rabbits - I thought Packer was a fruit vendor. And wasn't 20 shillings worth of rabbit a whole lot of rabbit?

              Some great newspaper finds BTW Howard. Lotta stuff I've never seen. Thanks!

              You're welcome Bob !

              Comment


              • #97
                Tom
                I was merely pointing out that your instance that it was a fact that Le Grand had planted the grape stalk has no foundation.
                I have not really passed comment on anything else. You keep reading too much into things.
                The reason I did this was to point out the hypocrisy of those self appointed gatekeepers of the Ripperological ascendency who claim to be ever vigilant about those who bolster their suspect theories with dubious facts.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by SirRobertAnderson View Post
                  Been meaning to ask about the rabbits - I thought Packer was a fruit vendor. And wasn't 20 shillings worth of rabbit a whole lot of rabbit?

                  Some great newspaper finds BTW Howard. Lotta stuff I've never seen. Thanks!

                  You're welcome Bob !
                  I'm not sure we have an independent source as to the street price of rabbits. Packer may have been one of those people who bought up surplus goods from the market and sold them on from him shop front.
                  Therefore it may not be possible to classify him in any particular line of produce.

                  .
                  Regards, Jon S.
                  "
                  The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
                  " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
                  Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
                    Tom
                    I was merely pointing out that your instance that it was a fact that Le Grand had planted the grape stalk has no foundation.
                    I have not really passed comment on anything else. You keep reading too much into things.
                    The reason I did this was to point out the hypocrisy of those self appointed gatekeepers of the Ripperological ascendency who claim to be ever vigilant about those who bolster their suspect theories with dubious facts.
                    That Le Grand planted the stalk has nothing immediate to do with his being a suspect, it's simply the logical conclusion drawn from the fact that he spearheaded the whole grape lie to begin. You're otherwise welcome to believe that he got his hands in all that gunk on the off chance their might be a stalk, but why would he do that? personally, giving credence to such a notion would make me feel stupid, and I'm not stupid. Why would he bother to go through the effort of digging in the gutter if he did not already know there would be a stalk there? The entire point of the exercise was to lend his lie credence, after all. This isn't rocket science. Of course, we have only his word that such an expedition took place at all.

                    Yours truly,

                    Tom Wescott

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                      That Le Grand planted the stalk has nothing immediate to do with his being a suspect
                      But he isn't a suspect and never has been.
                      Itsnotrocketsurgery

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                        But he isn't a suspect and never has been.
                        Has been, is, and always will be. And the best suspect yet for the Stride and Eddowes murders.

                        Yours truly,

                        Tom Wescott

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                          Has been, is, and always will be. And the best suspect yet for the Stride and Eddowes murders.
                          Sez you and absolutely nobody else.
                          Itsnotrocketsurgery

                          Comment


                          • pudding recipe

                            Hello Stephen.

                            Over-egging the pudding, perhaps? No offense.

                            Cheers.
                            LC

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                              Sez you and absolutely nobody else.
                              That's because no one else has seen my research, you bucket head.

                              Yours truly,

                              Tom Wescott

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                                ... Why would he bother to go through the effort of digging in the gutter if he did not already know there would be a stalk there?
                                Well, for me it would be a logical step knowing the police had washed the yard before it was even daylight. I think Me & LeGrand would have been fighting to see who got that lid off the grate first.
                                Others may scoff, but that is what they call investigative work. Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty in the hope of finding that one clue missed by others.

                                .
                                Regards, Jon S.
                                "
                                The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
                                " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
                                Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X