No announcement yet.

Police Should Protect Matthew Packer From The Whitechapel Murderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know someone who went to jail unjustly after the police convinced the witnesses to alter their timeline by half an hour so he could get there in time after work to commit the crime. (Pas moi.) I thought this might be the case here but it's obvious to me now that it wasn't.
    Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post
    I assume the PS is satirical.
    Yes, it is, Chris. It's the only joke I can remember. Ha ha. Did I already tell it to you?

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran View Post
      I know someone who went to jail unjustly after the police convinced the witnesses to alter their timeline by half an hour so he could get there in time after work to commit the crime. (Pas moi.) I thought this might be the case here but it's obvious to me now that it wasn't.

Yes, it is, Chris. It's the only joke I can remember. Ha ha. Did I already tell it to you?
      One benefit to having no short-term memory, ....you can hide your own Easter eggs.
      Regards, Jon S.
      "
      The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
      " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
      Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me.

Now what were we talking about? Oh, yes, Packer and the grapes!

I doubt the hour and a half time range/discrepancy was the most relevant thing. The police were just embarrassed to have been outdone by a pair of private detectives and con men. As if there wasn't enough to be embarrassed about. They missed one piece of evidence down the drain and washed another one down it.

Comment

Working...
        X