Trail of Deaths & Missing Children/ Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail of Deaths & Missing Children/ Idaho

This is a complicated case that is hard to follow. It keeps unfolding here in short news segments. This YouTube offering succinctly covers the current issues.

The story seems to start in Arizona, centered around Chad Daybell, a writer of end of times books and Lori Vallow. Sometime last year Vallow's X-husband was shot dead, in self defense of course, by Lori's brother. Then Chad's wife who was not terribly old, died of 'natural causes' in her sleep. It is reported that Chad received life insurance from his wife's death in excess of $400,000.

Chad and Lori got married.

Lori has/had two children, one a special needs boy. (There is a sad video with a dog trainer in Arizona where he describes mom Lori having him pick up the service dog that belonged to the boy.)

From Arizona this saga drifted north to Rexburg, Idaho by way of Utah.

Lori's brother, remember, the one who shot the husband in self defense. died of 'natural causes' in Idaho. He wasn't terribly old either.

Somewhere along the way the kids disappeared. Around Thanksgiving a grandmother contacted law enforcement who then attempted to get Lori Vallow to produce the kids. She did not.

Chad and Lori went to Kaui, Hawaii and rented a condo. She was arrested a couple days ago and bail is set at $5 M USD. The main charges are abandonment and non-support of minor children.

This video catches up to date on what little is known about the children after Arizona.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BfrtRwzokaA (That link actually works!)
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Anna:

Thanks....I read a little about this case.

I wouldn't be surprised if these two had designs on killing the kids at some point for insurance purposes.
    To Join JTR Forums, Contact :
    Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
      Anna:

Thanks....I read a little about this case.

I wouldn't be surprised if these two had designs on killing the kids at some point for insurance purposes.
      The whole thing is crazy. None of it makes sense. The story has been dribbling out for a couple months with no answers and one 'elephant in the room', so to speak, is the 'natural' deaths plus a 'self defense' shooting. Some bodies have been exhumed but no results yet.

Comment

Hopefully, the ' natural deaths' will be investigated. Can't think of a case where two early, natural deaths were featured.
        Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          Hopefully, the ' natural deaths' will be investigated. Can't think of a case where two early, natural deaths were featured.
          I have trouble keeping track of the geography in this one since the story started unfolding in Arizona with an Idaho connection. As I recall from the news clips, one of the 'natural deaths' has been exhumed and this was done in Rexburg, Idaho. The clip went on to explain that the family had the right to refuse an autopsy which they had done. I was under the impression that an unexpected death in a fairly young person required autopsy but I suppose that varies by state.

(Interestingly I was present as family member and nurse when an elderly, terminally ill person under doctor's care passed at home. The sheriff did some routine things like take pictures of the scene because at home deaths are initially treated as homicides in Idaho.)

As I recall, the X-husband who was killed in 'self defense', was cremated. Subsequently there were 'natural' deaths of a wife and the brother who shot the gun in self defense and I think both of these people were buried. The trail of deaths plus reports of a nearly half million dollar pay out in life insurance tends to look bad but if something sinister was going on, why bury the evidence when cremation is an option? I suppose a lot of cremations along the trail would look bad too but nothing would resurface as evidence, if evidence there be.

Comment

Here is another short clip naming other family members who have an interesting tale about an attempted shooting. To help us keep score, the family tree is diagrammed, showing relationships and the leaves that have fallen, so to speak.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=soAsiFFCzFs

Comment

The clip went on to explain that the family had the right to refuse an autopsy which they had done. I was under the impression that an unexpected death in a fairly young person required autopsy but I suppose that varies by state.

You'd think that it would be a slam-dunk when people die unexpectedly.
              Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Here is a short segment covering the demise of Lori Vallow's X-husband. He was killed in 'self defense' by Lori's brother. Family members wonder if this incident is connected to the children's disappearance. Family members fear the daughter, now missing, may have witnessed this act of 'self defense'.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NARyNop--yg&t=14s (This link is not going to work...oh...double hyphen between Nop--yg&t....)

Here is the most boring 911 tape ever, concerning the sudden collapse of Lori Vallow's brother who killed the X-husband in 'self defense'. (Maybe he did get a head injury from a baseball bat?) This video kept pausing and I don't think I did anything to cause it. It is extremely boring, especially considering a man was dying, but it is another slice of family life.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vi0YzlutaqQ

Comment

Family Cult/Murder Cult?

Other family members contribute to the unfolding saga. This mess has a loose Mormon connection, something about an end of times cult. (Of course none of this is part of the mainstream Mormon religion.) It seems kind of unusual to cash in a nearly half million dollar life insurance policy and await the end of times in a condo in Hawaii but I suppose that's as good as anywhere. It's still cold in Idaho, snow yesterday......

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RnNGTQ1GEHM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=16Lfzpmy_ZY

Comment

Another installment in this potentially criminal soap opera. Short video on the unexpected death and lack of autopsy of one of several deceased persons on the family tree. Meanwhile, Lori Vallow Daybell has waved extradition from Hawaii but the $5 million bail remains. Now Idaho law enforcement has to fly to Hawaii to pick her up. (This is an expensive case. Do I expect my taxes to go up?)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=D9QxhDCthJY

Comment

This case has been dragging on and on all through the virus issues. I just got a notice from our local TV station that human remains have been found on Chad Daybell's ranch.

The issue has been two missing minor children. The mother, Lori Vallow Daybell moved to Hawaii with her new husband Chad Daybell late last year. Papers were filed in Idaho demanding she tell authorities where her children are or to produce them. She was later extradited to Idaho.

Behind this is a string of very.....uh.....seemingly.....convenient deaths from "natural causes".

Lori's brother killed Lori's X-husband in Arizona, claiming "self defense".

Chad Daybell's middle aged wife in Idaho, who had seemed to be in good health, woke up dead one morning. "Natural causes".

Then the brother also died in Idaho of "natural causes."

This could be a very interesting case but it has been real boring for a number of months.

Comment

Human remains found in Chad Daybell's backyard have been identified as the missing children. 'Court TV' has entered the coverage. The local coverage drags on and on.

Looks like the kids' mother and new husband believed in some sort of "doomsday cult" as it is called in local news. Something about people's bodies getting inhabited by zombies so those affected have to die to release the evil spirits. Or something. (This will be a huge true crime story, literally close to home for me but I wouldn't go near this story. Too many people have died....um...of natural causes, so to speak.)

Soon I will post a video that does a good job of score keeping in the case. There are so many deaths, most from "natural causes", that it is hard to discuss the whole thing coherently.

Comment

The saga drags on........

At this time, Lori Vallow Daybell and her husband Chad Daybell are in jail, one million dollars bail on each. Neither are charged with murder.

No causes of death for the children yet. Police homed in on the burial site because Lori's brother's phone pinged off the area. Sounds like the pings were extremely accurate. As I understand it, two separate pings indicated two burial spots in one, smallish yard.

The brother died in Arizona of 'natural causes'. The autopsy report does sound like natural causes though alternately he could have had COVID or been poisoned. I suggest ricin if there was poisoning. Anyway, he had blood clots in his lungs and wasn't feeling very good for a day or so.

Autopsy is ongoing for Chad's wife Tammy who died of 'natural causes' last October, a couple weeks before Chad married Lori.

This is going to be the weirdest and perhaps most heinous crime spree of this century. None of it makes sense. The boy, JJ, who ended up in the pet cemetery in his stepfather's backyard, was allegedly labelled a 'zombie' by his mother because he was climbing on the kitchen cabinets and knocked down a picture of Jesus. Zombies need to be killed so thez can be reborn with clean spirits, Or something.

)The dog just turned on the Croatian kezboard. Looks like mostlz y equals z.=

Comment

Between no wi-fi, then my computer blowing up, I got real far behind here.

The Daybell's were preaching end of the world stuff and since their kids allegedly became "zombies" before it was all over.....uh.....that's how they came to be found in the backyard pet cemetery on Chad Daybell's property.

Anyway, that's not the big news. Actually the world was supposed to end July 22, 2020, according to Chad Daybell's books. We had an end of times thunderstorm that night and while I was taking a bath it sounded like the house was getting bombed. Maybe we had another earthquake.

Anyway the important thing is=> THE WORLD ENDED A COUPLE DAYS AGO ON THE 22nd. Sorry for the late reporting. (If you are still here I guess you/we weren't chosen and maybe we are zombies or something.)

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                              Between no wi-fi, then my computer blowing up, I got real far behind here.

The Daybell's were preaching end of the world stuff and since their kids allegedly became "zombies" before it was all over.....uh.....that's how they came to be found in the backyard pet cemetery on Chad Daybell's property.

Anyway, that's not the big news. Actually the world was supposed to end July 22, 2020, according to Chad Daybell's books. We had an end of times thunderstorm that night and while I was taking a bath it sounded like the house was getting bombed. Maybe we had another earthquake.

Anyway the important thing is=> THE WORLD ENDED A COUPLE DAYS AGO ON THE 22nd. Sorry for the late reporting. (If you are still here I guess you/we weren't chosen and maybe we are zombies or something.)
                              Hi Anna

We had a huge thunderstorm here in Newark, Delaware last night including an enormous thunderclap that sounded as if the lightning strike was right on top of us! You may have seen the Youtube video of the lightning strike near the Statue of Liberty. If not, see

https://youtu.be/O-9A5NKRRaI

Meanwhile there was a beautiful sky this evening over our house in Harmony Hills, Newark, Delaware.

Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                              https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                              Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Working...
                              X