X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
    Has anyone listened to this?

https://player.autopod.xyz/144630

Drew Gray interviewing Paul Begg and Adam Wood.
    If you search for ‘Ripper’ this will come up:

Attached Files

Comment

I listened to it...
      Drew Gray drew a broad brushstroke background to the case - but interestingly, although he probably assumed he did it in an unbiased way, he made several comments which were theory based, leading in particular directions. As invariably happens.

Also mentioned were the Man in the Iron Mask, the Mary Celeste, the Ark of the Covenant... which are all much of a muchness with Jack the Ripper in the minds of the masses, and none are treated as reputable history in academia.
      Interestingly the Missing Evidence series (which included an excellent episode on Jack the Ripper which is very frequently repeated on a variety of channels) also included episodes on the death of Marilyn Monroe, the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, the 9/11 Twin Towers, Area 51 - subjects on a par with the Marie Celeste, the Ark of the Covenant and the Man in the Iron Mask. Although the Ripper episode seems to be repeated much much more than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
        I listened to it...
        Drew Gray drew a broad brushstroke background to the case - but interestingly, although he probably assumed he did it in an unbiased way, he made several comments which were theory based, leading in particular directions. As invariably happens.

Also mentioned were the Man in the Iron Mask, the Mary Celeste, the Ark of the Covenant... which are all much of a muchness with Jack the Ripper in the minds of the masses, and none are treated as reputable history in academia.
        Interestingly the Missing Evidence series (which included an excellent episode on Jack the Ripper which is very frequently repeated on a variety of channels) also included episodes on the death of Marilyn Monroe, the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, the 9/11 Twin Towers, Area 51 - subjects on a par with the Marie Celeste, the Ark of the Covenant and the Man in the Iron Mask. Although the Ripper episode seems to be repeated much much more than the others.
        ‘I’m not a Ripperologist, I’m an academic historian!’

Comment

In case anyone wants to listen to this and skip the music, the segments of talk start at the following times:
          https://player.autopod.xyz/144630

32.15 Paul Begg I
          52.45 Paul Begg II
          1.13.35 Paul Begg III
          1.36.40 Adam Wood

Comment

The way the music interrupted the narrative was rather irritating.

Comment

Sympathy for the Devil

Comment

My innate snobbery is always triggered by this claim of academia.
                I find it difficult to reconcile the concrete halls of Northampton Technical College with that term.
                Also the suspectology book what he wrote didn't exactly pass peer review with flying colours.

Comment

Sympathy for the Devil
                  I enjoyed Waterloo Sunset.

Comment

Perhaps he is a Star Trek fan.
                    Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a torpedo technician!

Comment

Perhaps he is a Star Trek fan.
                      Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a torpedo technician!
                      He’s a Ripperologist, as is Hallie R. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

Comment

It's life Gary, but not as we know it

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                            Any news on this?
                            Anyone heard anything?

Comment

Evidently not

Comment

Working...