Swanson archive on public display at the National Emergency Services Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swanson archive on public display at the National Emergency Services Museum

Some will be aware that the entire Donald Swanson archive has been loaned by the family into the care of the National Emergency Services Museum, and objects are already on display as part of their new Daring Detectives and Dastardly Deeds exhibition - including the Swanson marginalia.

Alongside the exhibition the Museum is running a series of Victorian detective-related talks from authors such as Neil Bell and Angela Buckley, and I'm pleased to say that I'll be giving a presentation on Swanson, the marginalia and Kosminski next Friday, 9th July.

Details can be found at the link below, and the ticket price includes entry to the exhibition - see the marginalia for yourself!

https://www.visitnesm.org.uk/ripper-..._qu2Fit2gKNNTg

Hope to see you there.
    Adam

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle

It sounds like you've picked a cool place to give your talk on Swanson, Adam. I looked up the web site for the place, and it's an independent, self-funded museum. I like it's mailing address:

National Emergency Services Museum
    The Old Police/Fire Station
    West Bar
    Sheffield
    South Yorkshire

"The Old Police/Fire Station". That gives the museum a down-to-earth feel to it.

Comment

Working...
    X