No announcement yet.

Reid : News Of The World Article April 12, 1896

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go yet again the pack of wolves circle their prey waiting to pounce !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
    You believe Reid attended the postmortem? Do you mean you don't know for certain?

Ok lets be certain he did attend the post mortem does that make you happy?

But aren't there also newspaper reports (I am mentioning them only because you are using newspaper reports to supports your ideas about the heart) that state that nothing was found in the grate, no human remains?

As is normal on here there is a distinct lack of a sense of humour If you had bothered to read the message I posted you will have seen that it was tongue in cheek.

You have also left out the newspaper report from the Dundee Evening paper of 17th Nov that Kelly's heart was removed and taken away. In that same newspaper report we are told that the medical men were keeping this under wraps and went on to explain the exact way that the heart was removed room the body, from below. The source was said to be a medical man present at the postmortem.

How do you explain that?

The Dundee newspaper could not have got their information first hand and Dundee is a long way from Whitechapel. So the accuracy of the article is questionable and secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott
      As is normal on here there is a distinct lack of a sense of humour If you had bothered to read the message I posted you will have seen that it was tongue in cheek.
      You'll never top that lawnmower joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
        The press reports do not support Reid, unless they are selectively chosen, which is what you have done, Trevor.

The Times 10th November 1888
        “The latest account states upon what professes to be indisputable authority that no portion of the woman's body was taken away by the murderer."

The Times, 12th November 1888
        It is known that after Dr. Phillips "fitted" the cut portions of the body into their proper places no portion was missing. At the first examination, which was only of a cursory character, it was thought that a portion of the body had gone, but this is not the case."

The Times, 13 November 1888
        "Notwithstanding reports to the contrary, it is still confidently asserted that some portions of the body of the deceased woman are missing."

The Daily Telegraph, 13 November 1888
        "We are enabled to state, on good authority, that notwithstanding all that has been said to the contrary, a portion of the bodily organs was missing. The police, and with them the divisional surgeon, have arrived at the conclusion that it is in the interest of justice not to disclose the details of the professional inquiry..”

Within four days of the murder the early uncertainty about whether the heart was missing seems to have solidified into acceptance that it was missing, and the press blelieved the police and doctors were witholding the information. As you will have hopefully observed, even The Times report you co confidently cite as corroboration of Reid was corrected by The Times itself!

You really are flogging a dead horse here, Trevor.

Yes you are right, your too good for me Mr Begg Sir I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
          You'll never top that lawnmower joke.

No it certainly had an impact on the feminists !!!!!!!!!!!!

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Hunt
            The Dundee newspaper could not have got their information first hand and Dundee is a long way from Whitechapel. So the accuracy of the article is questionable and secondary.
            It was also in the London Observer and the account of the heart's specific removal was accurate. Those details were never revealed at inquest.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
              Yes you are right, your too good for me Mr Begg Sir I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

I know I'm right, Trevor. I'm very pleased that you finally realise it.

Comment

Actually, that's tosh. The distance of Dundee from Whitechapel has no bearing on the accuracy of the Dundee newspaper's story, and it it could have got its information first hand if it had a London representative reporting first hand. More probably, though, it took the story from one of the press agencies whose representative would have been reporting first hand. But maybe I'm misinterpreting something intended to spark hilarity

Comment

Working...
                X