**Gravesite Of Inspector John G. Littlechild**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Gravesite Of Inspector John G. Littlechild**

Many thanks to Phil Carter & Jose Oranto for the following photographs of the Inspector's gravesite in Putney Vale, taken recently by Mr. Oranto according to the directions provided by Phil.

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    Many thanks to Phil Carter & Jose Oranto for the following photographs of the Inspector's gravesite in Putney Vale, taken recently by Mr. Oranto according to the directions provided by Phil.

Hi all,

For all those interested in visiting Putney Vale Cemetery, the grave No. is 34, block CS2.

Across the road from Putney Vale Cemetery used to be, for many many years, the site of KLG spark plugs. Because spark plug manufacture was crucial to aircraft construction during WW2, KLG was targeted nightly by bombs. However, not one bomb actually hit the factory.
    But.. During those air raids, bombs fell into Putney Vale Cemetery and surrounding areas. My father, who worked there for 36 years, described to me, of one particular bomb that made "an awful mess" of part of the cemetery.
    It was with this in mind, that I hoped Littlechilds grave was still in existence. As you can see, an enormous monument, originally for his wife, was raised.

Phil
    from 1905...to 19.05..it was written in the stars

Comment

Folks:

Phil and Jose will grant anyone permission to use the photos as long as credit is given( to Phil and Jose) upon usage and that they are asked beforehand.

Thank you.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

Comment

Excellent photos, guys. That's quite an impressive memorial.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
        (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Hello Gareth

Thank you kindly.
          Originally raised in honour of JGL's wife, who died young.
          The "chopped off" top, I'm told, is common when an adult dies relatively young, as she did. Remembering part of a long life lost, I'm told. 😊

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
            Folks:

Phil and Jose will grant anyone permission to use the photos as long as credit is given( to Phil and Jose) upon usage and that they are asked beforehand.

Thank you.
            Indeed. Thank you How.

Phil

Comment

Working...
            X