• "Insannus Cue Arboretum" =
    A crazy collection of plants.
    Thanks for your time,
    dusty miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Dusty Miller View Post
      "Insannus Cue Arboretum" =
      A crazy collection of plants.
      Plants in general or trees specifically?

I wonder if the owners are named Plant or Pyne or something along those lines?

Comment

• Maybe it's a comment on the next-door neighbors very unkempt garden.
        Thanks for your time,
        dusty miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Dusty Miller View Post
          Maybe it's a comment on the next-door neighbors very unkempt garden.
          Could be!

I need to get there sometime soon to take a few photos.

Comment

• The 1921 census recorded Francis Cowdry living at Quabrook with Johanna Mary Rainbow, a visitor, and Fanny Amelia Dival, a domestic servant.

Cowdry’s occupation was a civil engineer, his employer the ‘Dette Publique Ottomane’ and his place of work was Constantinople.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
              The 1921 census recorded Francis Cowdry living at Quabrook with Johanna Mary Rainbow, a visitor, and Fanny Amelia Dival, a domestic servant.

Cowdry’s occupation was a civil engineer, his employer the ‘Dette Publique Ottomane’ and his place of work was Constantinople.
              That's quite a long journey to work. Maybe he commuted on the Orient Express? :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post

That's quite a long journey to work. Maybe he commuted on the Orient Express? :-)
                I can imagine Frank travelling on the OE accompanied by his ‘bookkeeper’, the fair Johanna Rainbow, and an assortment of sinister Levantine types in the pay of Austria-Hungary or Germany intent on doing him mischief. Move over Grahame Green. :-)

Comment

Working...
                X