No announcement yet.

Charles Warren & A Secret Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds to me like you're about to enrol at the school of Mike Richards, How.

Essentially the idea is then that one secret society conspires to commit the murder in order to make another group look bad, which in turn diverts attention away from themselves (or as some sort of revenge attack) and onto another group in the eyes of the authorities.....am I somewhere close?

It all seems a bit too much of a tangled web, IMO.

Cheers,
    Adam.

Comment

AW:

You may be missing the point here,pardner. If so, it may be due to me.

Warren,not me, stated he believed that a secret society was behind the murders. All I'm trying to do is get inside SCW's head and figure out how a secret society may have been behind the crimes. For what its worth, I don't believe there was any conspiracy against any specific entity.
      Just women at night on the street.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Hi How.

Seems to me you couldn't heave a brick in downtown London without hitting someone who belonged to a secret society or four.

Occult societies, Masonic-type lodges, religious study groups, political "discussion" groups, labour movements, arts movements, amateur dramatics, alma maters and old boy networks, sports teams, supper clubs, even health insurance "societies".

Probably the most secret were those who managed to get through their entire lives without belonging to some such group or other....
        "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

Mag:

Thats a good point. There were quite a few "in crowds" to be in with.
          Which, however, would fit whom Warren was referring to though ?
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

The "Molly Maguires" and similar Irish groups (Invincibles, Ribbon Men etc)were known and thought of as "secret societies" who were brutal and sometimes indiscriminate killers

The Golden Dawn, Theosophists and Rosicrucians were also secret societies

As well as the Freemasons, there were some secret Anti-Masonic societies

There would also be a prevalence of French secret societies, not to mention the Russians and other Europeans

Comment

Thanks Nemo.

My problem with the whole idea of a politically based secret society that was working for its own aims and being behind the crimes ( Again, being in the shoes of Sir Charles here) is that no cadre took credit for it.

On the other hand, a cadre out to smear or attempt to increase public focus on another group makes more sense. In that scenario, the party that attempted to smear wouldn't attempt to take credit.

Its a really puzzling idea that Warren had here, in my view.....
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Bump Up.......
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

well Met

Hello Howard. Thanks for this.

Perhaps MOST important is NOT whether a secret society were involved in the killings, but what did the Met think?

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Hi All,

HO 144/221/A49301.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Where?

Hello Simon. In donde esta?

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Hola Lynn,

El lugar más fácil de encontrar es en Desmontando a Jack: La Historia Secreta de los asesinatos de Whitechapel.

Saludos,

Simon
                        Last edited by Simon Wood; October 12, 2015, 02:02 PM. Reason: spolling mistook

Comment

Working...
                        X