Sir Robert Anderson : Doin' Hard Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir Robert Anderson : Doin' Hard Time

Whatta trooper ! Three whole hours !!!!!!!! And undoubtedly without his bible beside him to boot !
    This endurance record makes Diana Nyad's recent swim look like a kiddie pool caper.

Votes For Women

December 24, 1909

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

do the math

Hello Howard. Thanks for posting that.

Let's see--how much is 3 X 1/19? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

With his fondness for holidays, he wouldn't have survived very long in the departure lounge at Heathrow.

Comment

He might have wanted to come off as showing the readership that jail is not a good experience, but comes off to the average man as a bit of a marshmallow, doncha think ?
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

He comes off as a naïve prat. How can he have the experiences of a prisoner's lot, knowing that he is going to be let out the same day, as opposed to, say, 30 years hence? It's like those airhead celebs who sleep in cardboard boxes for one night.

Comment

I hear you, Bob
            He wouldn't last long in a real prison around other cons....
            Even thinking about the guy pretending his three hour stint was rough is absurd.
            Last edited by Howard Brown; September 7, 2013, 05:06 PM. Reason: I meant two minutes...not two days
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
              He comes off as a naïve prat. How can he have the experiences of a prisoner's lot, knowing that he is going to be let out the same day, as opposed to, say, 30 years hence? It's like those airhead celebs who sleep in cardboard boxes for one night.
              Language, Timothy!

Comment

Sorry!

Comment

Hi How,

Apparently, Robert Anderson was locked up for three hours in Kilmainham prison, late 1860s.

Pity they didn't throw away the key.

Simon

Comment

Lock the door, and throw away the key, there's someone in my head, but it's not me. Yes sir, Simon could write some good lyrics.

Anderson had himself purposely locked into a jail cell? I am understanding this right? I wonder if he received a death threat or something like that at the time. And he needed to spend a few hours hidden away.

Comment

Hi Joe,

I think it's just one of Anderson's many BS stories which fill his later memoirs.

Hope all is well at home.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Working...
                      X