• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Kearney A.K.A. NEMO View Post
    Nice find Howard

A connection between the Dynamiters and Mitre Square

It sounds like Pearce as I don't think Morris lived in the square
    As far as I am aware, George Morris lived, at that time, at 48 Pantile Close, New Hampton (which changed its name to Hampton Hill in 1890).
    To get from there to Mitre Square, he would have 15/20 minute walk to Fulwell Station. From there, a 45 minute train ride into Waterloo Station. From there, he would have to make his way over to Liverpool Street station, and for there a short walk to Mitre Square.

So at best a 90 minute traveling time to get to work. And that is conservative. Therefore it is likely he stayed around instead of traveling back and forth.

I used to live 5mins from Fulwell Station, in Fulwell Road, Teddington. I have walked to Hampton Hill hundreds of times. I have taken the train into Waterloo on many occasions as well.

That's one heck of a journey to get to work in Mitre Square every day! In 1888.

Unless of course he didn't live in Hampton Hill at that exact time? Perhaps someone here knows with certainty?

Oh. And George Morris was born in Teddington too. 1834 I believe? Makes him approx 54 years old in 1888.

Phil
    from 1905...to 19.05..it was written in the stars

Comment

Still a fair old journey in 1891, Phil :
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
        Still a fair old journey in 1891, Phil :
        Thanks Robert. Bromley in 1891 eh?

Any idea when he moved there?

Best regards

Phil