• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Number Of Lunatics

St. James's Gazette
    October 17, 1888

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Interesting comment. I wonder if it is accurate. If so, could syphilis account for the increase?
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Nowadays the tories would refer the lunatics to another doctor to try to get them reclassified, while the Labour Party would be saying that the lunatic figures are just the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
        Nowadays the tories would refer the lunatics to another doctor to try to get them reclassified, while the Labour Party would be saying that the lunatic figures are just the tip of the iceberg.
        And UKIP would imply that the vast majority of them were immigrants.

Comment

While the Scots Nats would demand independence for the lunatics, and the Lib Dems, when confronted with Aaron's 'instinct that informs his mind,' would solemnly and sincerely swear to abolish intuition fees.

Comment

While the Scots Nats would demand independence for the lunatics, and the Lib Dems, when confronted with Aaron's 'instinct that informs his mind,' would solemnly and sincerely swear to abolish intuition fees.
            And the leader of the Monster Raving Loony party would be called to Buck House and invited to form a government.

Comment

The first thing he'd do would be to have a changing room built for the guards, so they wouldn't have to change in public.

Comment

The first thing he'd do would be to have a changing room built for the guards, so they wouldn't have to change in public.
                I've never been fortunate enough to live in a constituency with a MRLP candidate.

Comment

The radioactive isotopes in dog food was a high point - turds that glow in the dark.

Comment

The radioactive isotopes in dog food was a high point - turds that glow in the dark.
                    I put it all down to a subversive television programme called Do Not Adjust Your Set. I watched it regularly after school, and it warped my impressionable mind. So much so that the first album I ever bought was this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JZCsb9-d80U

Comment

Yes, I remember that programme. David Jason and Denise Coffey (with the handbag).

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISCympuFDVU

Comment

Yes, I remember that programme. David Jason and Denise Coffey (with the handbag).
                          Plus the Bonzos and some of the Pythons - what chance did we stand of turning out 'normal'?

Neil Innes was the more accomplished musician but Viv Stanshall was my favourite. I can thoroughly recommend a short film entitled Viv Stanshall's Week. I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere.

http://www.vivianstanshall.co.uk

Comment

When I was about 7 my uncle bought a Goon show LP, and a bit later a Hancock. My dad used to show me the Laurel and Hardy films. Then there was Morecambe and Wise, you name it. Makes for a very happy time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FaXmRWXLjM

Comment

So, while 19th century lunacy might be caused in large part by syphillis, 21st century lunacy is a symptom of politics.
                              Best Wishes,
                              Cris Malone

Comment

Working...
                              X