Sherlock Holmes Trivia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock Holmes Trivia!

1. In the Holmes Canon, in what year did the Hound of the Baskervilles occur?

1901, Well that was the year it was first published.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Walton View Post
      1901, Well that was the year it was first published.
      When it occurred story-wise is not necessarily the same as when it was published. There must be a clue in the story

Regards, Jon S.
      "
      The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
      " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
      Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

Comment

Tim:
        I believe it was 1889.

Comment

Howard is correct! (Not a sentence that is used very often)

Comment

What were the very first words that Sherlock Holmes said to Dr. Watson at their introduction?

Comment

"I've found it".

Or something like that.

or was it, "How are you?"

I remember Holmes spoke to Watson and another man together.
              Regards, Jon S.
              "
              The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
              " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".

Comment

And Wicker Man is correct!

Tough crowd.

Comment

Name two films ( featuring Rathbone/Bruce) in which the Ripper is mentioned.

Comment

Before Baker Street, on which street did Holmes once live?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                      Name two films ( featuring Rathbone/Bruce) in which the Ripper is mentioned.
                      I'm pretty sure they didn't do, A Study in Terror, so you've got me stumped there Howie, but I have all their movies, I could look if we have the time

On second thoughts, I'll pass, that might be the quickest way to divorce court....
                      Regards, Jon S.
                      "

Comment

Tim:
                        Holmes lived at a London hospital, but I don't know the name of the street....and I don't think you do either.

Wick:

In The Spider Woman and Woman In Green, the Ripper is mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by How Come?
                          Holmes lived at a London hospital, but I don't know the name of the street....and I don't think you do either.
                          Not True, true, and Not True.

Holmes never lived at a London hospital, you don't know the name of the street, and I do know - it's mentioned in the Canon.

Comment

While we're waiting for Howard to peruse all 4 novels and 56 adventures.....

In one of the short stories in the SH Canon, Dr. Watson makes a chronological error in the telling.

What was the story, and what was the error?

Comment

Originally posted by admin tim View Post
                              While we're waiting for Howard to peruse all 4 novels and 56 adventures.....

In one of the short stories in the SH Canon, Dr. Watson makes a chronological error in the telling.

What was the story, and what was the error?
                              Shoscome Old Place?

Comment

Working...
                              X