“Sherlock Holmes” Is Now Officially Off Copyright and Open for Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Sherlock Holmes” Is Now Officially Off Copyright and Open for Business

Doyle's heirs should have used the same attorney that Disney does to perpetuate the copyright on Mickey Mouse. Too bad for them.

Too bad for us, too; there is some simply awful Holmes fiction out there. Pastiches aren't for everyone.

Stand by for :

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by Howard Brown
    The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, by Howard Brown
    The Return of Sherlock Holmes, by Howard Brown
    The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes, by Howard Brown
    His Last Bow, by Howard Brown
    A Study in Scarlet, by Howard Brown
    The Hound of the Baskervilles, by Howard Brown
    The Sign of Four, by Howard Brown
    The Valley of Fear, by Howard Brown

Who Doyle?

Comment

"What have you been up to Watson?"
      "I've just updated our Facebook profile Holmes and posted that cute video of you playing with a kitten."
      "Great stuff, we should get plenty of likes for that."
      "Oh yes I unfriended Moriarty too."

Comment

"Moriarty? Pah! He spends all his time on Twitter. Tweet, Watson - unmitigated tweet."

Comment

Holmes turned to Watson and said "Are you sure?"
          Watson looked into Holmes eyes and replied "I've never been as sure in my whole life."
          Holmes and Watson then signed thier civil partnership and lived in 221b Baker Street for the rest of their lives.

Comment

Och!

Hello String.

"Whereupon Mrs. Hudson, in learning of the new arrangement, replied, 'Och! What can nae be cured must be endured.'"

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

non sequitur par excellence

I knew a Mrs Hudson...her daughter was one of the loveliest girls I ever met...sadly she preferred the drummer in the local rock band...

Comment

"Mrs. Brown you've got a lovely daughter."

Hello Dave. Thanks.

But was she as lovely as Mrs. Brown's daughter? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

A popular ditty sung by Peter No One, who made quite a name for himself.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

good

Hello Robert. Well done.

Something tells me you're into something good--or my name's not 'Enery the Eighth.

If you don't reply, I'll see it as a kind of hush. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Shhh...

Comment

"Holmes I want you to meet Dr Langdon Professor of symbology."
                          "Welcome Professor Langdon."
                          "Holmes the symbols I have found only lead to one conclusion. There is a Roman Catholic conspiracy to get rid of the Holy Grail."
                          "What must we do?"
                          "We have to run all around the city running into random churches, looking at stuff and saying something profound. We keep this up all night until the time has almost ran out and then we catch the mastermind."
                          "Oh FFS!"

Comment

Originally posted by admin tim View Post

Doyle's heirs should have used the same attorney that Disney does to perpetuate the copyright on Mickey Mouse. Too bad for them.
                            Having Sonny Bono in their pockets didn't hurt either.
                            "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

Since characters can't actually be copyrighted, the Doyle estate's argument seems to have been a bit of a non-starter. I wonder how much money they raked in from people who just figured it was less hassle to pay a "fee"
                              "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

Working...
                              X