• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpie
    replied
    I see Diddles managed to take centre stage in the first photo

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    "Arbeiter", the worker, sounds like a communist angle, a Marx or Engels or Jack London take on the East End.
    The primary goal of the Hitler Youth was to train future "Aryan Supermen". Photos of Whitechapel in a Hitler Youth propoganda book would serve the same purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Tommy:

One point that hasn't been mentioned ( yet,not that it wouldn't have...) is that the NSDAP used photos of the area in London considered the poorest and probably "dirtiest" in a healthy propaganda vehicle .

Its almost certain that the message was the arbeiter angle. These photos were intended to focus on the worker,rather than the international,cosmopolitan British banker in bowler hat types.

Danke once again Tom.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hey how,

he was a member of the hitler-jugend and the book also shows the logo, so i think you might be right.

man...you know more about our history than we do! .-))

take care
    thomas.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    That priest is so pissed it's taking three men to prop him up.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Tommy:

Didn't Jahrl work under Baldur Von Schirach, the head of Hitler Jugend?

Von Schirach was 1/2 American ( useless fact ).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hey brownie,

yep you are right - the book compared living conditions in nazi germany with those in england.
    i think it's quite possible that those photos have been used in other german propaganda werken aswell.

this one was "supervised" by harald jahrl, a member of the student-leadership in nazi deutschland.

take care
    thomas.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Tommy:

Danke for this collection of photos !

Am I correct in saying that the propaganda book ( was it supervised by Walter Darre' ?) was put together to promote the racial kinship between Englanders and Dem Deutschenvolk in a positive light,mein herr ?

There's a conspicuous absence of the type of photo that was used in Der Ewige Jude* or Der Untermensch ( the former a film about the Jews and the latter a book/exposition of the "subhuman" qualities of Slavs according to NSDAP protocol....)

With the exception of the first photo ( at bottom ) it appears to be some sort of "healthy" propaganda effort.

Thanks again mein bruder

Schwantzie

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic photos from the 30's - 40's

photos from the 30's - 40's

hello everybody,

some pictures from a german propaganda book, published during the 3rd reich, showing the east end in the 1930's - 1940's.

greetings from germany
    thomas.

Working...
X