X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crooked Billet Yard last week:

Attached Files

Comment

• Comparing the Lloyds’ account of Kate Webb’s 1895 OB trial to the OB Online transcript shows that the OB transcript is incomplete in that it excludes Webb’s cross-examination questions/comments and only records the answers to them.

Comment

• The 1921 census reveals that Biddy and Tommy O’Rourke were living at 51, Cropley Street, Hoxton. And, amazingly, it still exists - worth over £1 Million today.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Thats not dissimilar to the house my mother was born in and not that far away. My mother was born in Brownlow Road, Dalston and likewise it still exists and is valued a similar amount. A few businesses and properties in the area were owned by my grandfathers family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phillip Walton View Post
            Thats not dissimilar to the house my mother was born in and not that far away. My mother was born in Brownlow Road, Dalston and likewise it still exists and is valued a similar amount. A few businesses and properties in the area were owned by my grandfathers family.
            It’s quite an attractive little house. The O’Rourkes occupied 2 rooms and were the only occupants when the 1921 Census was taken.

Comment

• GRO ISSUE

I ordered an Enright birth certificate recently, in pdf format, and it was supposedly despatched yesterday, but there’s no ‘View PDF’ button showing. Has anyone had that problem before? It’s a first for me.

I’ve been trying to contact the GRO, but they seem to be overwhelmed with enquiries and are not answering their phones.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Catherine’s birth certificate came through this morning.

Attached Files

Comment

• Tomorrow is Biddy the Chiver’s 148th birthday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post

It’s quite an attractive little house. The O’Rourkes occupied 2 rooms and were the only occupants when the 1921 Census was taken.
                    Up until the 60's another house owned by my family in Brownlow Road was occupied by members of my extended family. By then it had been compulsorily purchased by the council for slum clearance. The branch of my family occupying the house had done so for four generations. It was badly damaged in the Blitz thats why it was condemned.

Comment

Working...
                    X