LVP London and people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
    Thanks Debs. I suspect that, being a doctor, Hebbert knew she was dying and married her right at the end, even though he knew he was open to a charge of bigamy.
    Thanks Robert. That must have been for love? I always felt a sadness because she didn't know her mothers name on her marriage certificate...then I began to wonder if it was done for citizenship but I don't know what the rules were then.

Comment

• Hi Debs

It looks like love to me.

I can't seem to find that Casebook thread so if you have the marriage cert, does she say she's a spinster and does she give father's name? It's just that a month of birth in February in the 1911 Canadian census sits a bit oddly with a Q2 birth registration in Clifton.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Here's the certificate, Robert. Her father was John Anstey and she was a spinster according to the certificate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	marriage 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	557556

Comment

• Thanks Debs.

After I asked the question I went back to the death, and that seems to suggest a Devon birth. But I'll go with what Mary said rather than info that probably Hebbert supplied.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Trialling Jerry D's recommendation of imgur seeing as photobucket have ruined my thread.

Bond

Comment

Working...
            X