Welcome To JTRForums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to George Lorton

The Forums welcomes George Lorton to the boards...

Glad to see you George !
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Comment

• Thanks for the Welcome, How Brown. My name is George but most people I know call me Geo and have forever. I'm a Jr, you see. My family calls me Beau. Geo will do fine though.

Comment

• Hi & welcome George!

Comment

• Thanks Nemo,

Comment

• Hello, Geo:

I see you hail from the Ozarks of Missouri. Are you perchance then familiar with the Great Tornado of March 18, 1925, that first touched down near Annapolis?

Comment

• Howdy Boss,

I have heard a bit about it in passing. I live in Springfield but I'm originally from Iowa. I have heard quite a bit about the 1912 Axe Murders in Villisca Iowa.. That was on the western side of the state and I am originally from FT Madison which is on the eastern side, right on the Mighty Mississippi River. Fort Madison was originally a fort from 1807-13 that became a river town with all that being a River town entails. But at least we're not as rowdy as some of the others. So that's about it for exciting things I know. But now you got me curious so I will see what I can dig up about that Tornado.

Comment

• Thanks How and Nemo.

Glad to be here.

Comment

• Welcome, Livia and George.

Good to see you signed up, George.....he's another one of my recruits, How.

Cheers,
                  Adam.

Comment

• Thanks for that Adam.
                    To Join JTR Forums :
                    Contact [email protected]

Comment

• T'is true, Adam deserves a gold star or a pat on the back. I love history but stayed away from the Ripper Forums because I'm more of a Medievalist or old Hollywood kinda guy. The image on my avatar which is one I made says it all. Not really a researcher more of an artist although I do write historical fiction when I have the time and have read a book or two on certain events in History including mean ol'e Jack.

I have always been interested in Jack's victims more then Jack and what 'their' lives were like and always have been. Plus I want expand my horizons so I'm here to learn and share what I can and put my 2 cents in.

Comment

• Here it is, Geo:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for loading the Map. I have been through Ellington. I wonder how much of it changed because of that twister of 1926.

Also My Great Grandmothers family is from Joliet, Illinois. So I wonder if any of her relatives was involved or got caught up in the path ofthe Tornado. Could be, you all see I didn't find out until 2 years ago that I had lost family to the Spanish Influenza Pandemic of 1918.

Comment

• George:

Just quickly, as I don't want to derail this thread (again), if you haven't already, definitely worthwhile trying to get hold of the works of people like Henry Mayhew, Charles Booth or Jack London.....a real eye-opener for what life was like for the average Joe in and around Jack's era.
                            That's a recommendation to any other newbies who have an interest in that topic as well.

Cheers,
                            Adam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
                              definitely worthwhile trying to get hold of the works of people like Henry Mayhew, Charles Booth or Jack London.....a real eye-opener for what life was like for the average Joe in and around Jack's era.
                              London's Underground by Mayhew is essential IMHO.

Comment

• Adam, Thanks for the information. I have heard of Jack London's "The People Of The Abyss". I read some of his animal stories in High School, so his book is probably where I will start.

Greetings and Thanks You, Sir Robert for your information too.

Comment

Working...
                                X