No announcement yet.

Welcome To JTRForums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, Robert, I am always in your debt, but I like that! I have taught myself some essential calmness since those years, but can still fire on all 8 cylinders when required. It has been a long time.

Comment

• welcome

Hello Brody. Welcome to the boards.

Happy hunting.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• Greetings mister BP.
        Enjoy the JtR forum.

Jackdaw :-)

Comment

• Greetings.
          Enjoy your return mister wolf.

Comment

• Welcome To Brian Porter

We welcome back Brian Porter to the boards !
            Good to see you again, BP....

Comment

• Greetings.
              Would that be Brian L Porter?

Comment

• The one and the same...

Comment

• welcome

Hello Brian. Welcome back.

Enjoy.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• Hi again everyone, thanks for the welcome back

Hello again to all my friends, old and (hopefully), new. Sorry I've been away so long, but, putting it frankly, I've been very unwell for over a year and my physical problems became so bad I almost had a total mental breakdown and all I could do was cut myself off from the world for a while as I tried to bring about some kind of recovery. I can no longer move around very well, having severe spinal and leg problems, and the same old heart and breathing problems, and my poor old fingers don't work so well due to arthritis, but, what the heck, time to get back on board life's jolly old merry-go-round, and this is my first port of call in reviving my old life a little bit at a time.

Most of the thanks for that must go to my good friend, Mario Domina, CEO of Thunderball International Films, who is producing not just the movie of A Study in Red - The Secret Journal of Jack the Ripper, but also the other two books in my Ripper trilogy plus a raft of my other novels all of which he now has under contract.

I'd been out of circulation for many months when Mario got in touch with me, knowing my problems and approached me with a view to me learning the art of screenwriting. He was prepared to pay for me to do whatever I had to do to learn the craft and it became my path to becoming 'me' again. As a result of his faith in me, I have now been involved in 'tweaking' the screenplay of A Study in Red, and am now sole screenwriter for the other movies, currently well into the screenplay for Legacy of the Ripper.

I'll be posting on the Media thread later with up to date news on the movies, but in short, A Study in Red is well into development, with two well known actresses having just signed up to play roles in the movie. Mischa Barton is well known for many roles and also now has her own fashion label with a store not too far from the Ripper's haunts, in Spitalfields, Also signed up is Gia Skova, Russian born actress known for roles in many films of this genre. Talks are curently taking place with a well known Brit director who will hopefully be on board soon, but more of that in the movie thread.

So, I have much to tell, but will take it slowly as my fingers now type very slowly. I've also persuaded Mario Domina to join me here and hopefully he will receive a warm welcome and become involved in many threads and make lots of friends who can help expand his own knowledge of all things Ripper.

Hope to chat with lots of you again soon my friends.

Regards to all,

Brian

Comment

• Brian:
                      That's some exciting news, old pal.
                      Please give Mario my email address and I will sign him up immediately.

Comment

• Thanks, How

Have written to Mario and asked him to get in touch with you which I'm sure he will.
                        I'm waiting for him to provide me with some info

Have a great day.

Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackdaw View Post
                          Greetings.
                          Would that be Brian L Porter?

Hello old friend. Thought I'd keep you all guessing a la Agatha Christie for a while, but seems no-one missed me...hehe

Seriously, not had a happy year or so, but glad to be back in the land of the living.

Best regards

Brian

Comment

• Hi Brian

Sorry to hear you have not been well. Glad to see you back.

Best regards

Chris
                            Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                            https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                            Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

• Thanks Lynn and you too Chris. It's good to be back, for sure. Good to know all the old faces are still around, (apologies for the 'old').

Best regards to you both.

Brian

Comment

• Welcome To Mario Domina

The Forums welcomes Mario Domina to the boards !
                                Good to have you with us, Mario !!

Comment

Working...
                                X