Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Persons Of Interest or Actual Suspects

Persons Of Interest or Actual Suspects To date, over one hundred have been proposed...many are considered...but only one [ or was it two? ] was Jack The Ripper.

Old November 6th, 2016, 10:32 AM   #1
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Default Dracula Incarnate ( Struthers, 2016 )

Email received from Andrew Struthers.....author of Dracula Incarnate

I have just completed my book entitled "Dracula Incarnate : Unearthing the Definitive Dracula". The book has been a work in progress for several years, though the research has taken a good deal longer....It is true to say that this volume is the result of a lifetimes pondering. It is the first real follow-up to the the original "In Search of Dracula" which was released in 1972. This book became a world wide best seller, but the very latest research findings have proven this previous work to be outdated and fundamentally flawed.
Within this new work I strive to put as many inaccuracies right as humanly possible. From the outset, my intention was to find out where "in hell" did Dracula come from, as I considered that this had never been achieved........lots of ideas, but nothing conclusive !

I have found startling evidence that we have vastly underestimated Bram Stoker's intelligence, and because of this had no chance realising the full historical significance of the novel "Dracula."
I wanted this to be an enjoyable experience for my readers from the outset, and have used a good deal of illustration and a simple, honest narrative approach will be enjoyed by everybody, not just the academics within these fields............ I wish to provide the read of a lifetime !

It is important to state from the beginning, especially as my previous findings have been discussed globally, this new information does not conflict with my own previous findings. What this startling discovery does, is prove my previous theories to be absolutely correct. The importance of Baring Gould's role in the development of the character of Count Dracula can now be fully understood. I have conclusive proof that the werewolf aspect of Count Dracula's traits should never have been overlooked... The inclusion of Exeter within the novel can now be seen as "tribute" to the prominence of Baring Gould's werewolf, and the profound message carried within its symbolism.
Never did I state that Dracula was from Devon..............Neither did I state that Count Dracula was based on a priest ! What I did state from the beginning was that Baring Gould was instrumental in providing Stoker with many of the traits which helped Stoker depict his new villain exactly the way he wanted to. Following this line of research proved extremely fruitful, as examining these seemingly unimportant details has provided all the answers to the real origins of Stoker's vampire, Dracula's "unholy grail" !

I can categorically state that the man who inspired this World famous vampire was not from Transylvania.............but he has always been just as famous as the vampiric villain based on him......................His name is Jack the Ripper !

These startling discoveries reveal to us vast amounts of detail of London's Whitechapel vampire..............known as the "Ripper"....... Stoker has provided me with his full name and nationality, with details of how many deaths can be attributed to this man. As if this was not enough, Stoker ingeniously provides evidence of at least two other killing sprees...............but the most shocking revelation is the detailing of this infamous killer's eating habits..................... It is clear that Hannibal Lecter has an extremely famous ancestor !

From a "Dracula" perspective, we now know what Dracula really represents, and what the important reason was that drove Stoker to write the novel in the first place...
The ramifications of what I have discovered are truly earth shattering ............. We learn how Stoker structured the novel in such a way, as to present a story "within" a story...............a parable.
The general public and also, of course, the many "Ripperologists" will be greatly interested to learn the real reason why the identity of the Whitechapel murderer has remained so elusive for all these years..............................Stoker reveals all the answers, in breathtaking clarity !

This is how it happened.......................................... ..............

For many years, Bram Stoker's novel "Dracula" has been considered a fine example of a "window" on Victorian England. I was stunned to realise who was looking back at me through the glass !

I have recently been examining some unusual wordings among Bram Stoker's early research papers. These papers contain information on Stoker's "Dracula," amongst other things. It was the "other things" which caught my eye. It turns out that, these strange wordings contain multiple references to the darkest history lesson ever told !
Bram Stoker was desperate to part with this extremely sensitive information which he had obviously been forced to keep to himself.
He was, of course, very aware of the Whitechapel "Ripper" murders of the latter half of 1888 as he started to plan his Dracula novel just 16 months after the last Ripper murder was committed .

Indeed, knowing what I do now,I believe that, had the Whitechapel murders not taken place, Dracula would likely never have existed...
Stoker cleverly embedded all these details within his novel "Dracula," as a secret memorial to the horrifying events of 1888...

The Dracula story is a parable of this terrible series of crimes. I don't wish to give too much away, but I can tell you that it was not a coincidence that Dracula's arrival at Whitby and the first "Ripper" killing both took place on August 7th............... Nor is it a coincidence that Dracula chose Whitechapel as a primary "bolt hole" in the heart of Victorian London...
The reason why Dracula was destroyed, not by a wooden stake (as most people believe), but by a knife shearing through his throat, whilst another knife pierced his heart, has never been realised until now........................... Likewise, the ambiguous ending of Stoker's novel has never before been understood ................Everything now makes perfect sense !
I have discovered that none of the details presented in Stoker's novel are included just by chance, everything has significant reason for inclusion within Stoker's masterpiece, and this is exactly how this novel must now be rated !

It has long been thought that finding conclusive answers to the case of the Whitechapel murders would be impossible. What if a very forward thinking intelligent individual, with compassion and conviction, who happened to be in the right place at the right time, was able to convey super secretive information down through the ages ?

I have discovered that Irish author Abraham "Bram" Stoker was this person.............He left us this information in such a way that it was easy enough to spot, as of my deep understanding of Stoker's personality and the options available to him in his day.
A series of dark events were being revealed to me ......................Stoker was obviously, deeply upset by the fact that this information had been suppressed !

I would describe it as, looking at an unlit Christmas tree. I found a switch, and a thousand lights came on............ Now everything becomes startlingly clear...............

An early "anomaly" I examined lit up when I referenced it with a long list of "Ripper" suspects . Could Stoker really be pointing his finger at this particular man, from beyond the grave ?

What I really needed to find was a positive link between Stoker and the man which he had clearly identified within his writings or none of this would amount to anything !
I had started to believe that I was reading too much into these "statements" from over 120 years ago...............This is of course, entirely natural given this odd set of circumstances ............Stoker's brilliant "key" then pointed me to where the final clue lay !

This would be truly amazing if it revealed anything ?
Sure enough, the final piece of my jigsaw came into view.................. Everything had fallen into place.............I had not imagined anything.....................this association is incontestable !

I continued along the path which Stoker himself had guided me to.........indeed, Stoker implored me to follow his lead !
I was astounded by the details which were presented to me !

Not only does Stoker clearly provide us with more "intimate" detailing of the shadowy figure of the "Ripper" than we ever dreamed possible, the Irish author also details a super secretive "high level" plot which was used to extinguish the flames of "Hell" and have all traces of the whole affair deeply buried, for the sake of Victorian England ......................or at least those who were running it !

Thanks to Bram Stoker himself, I have uncovered startling new evidence which conclusively proves that Stoker was indeed, very familiar with the infamous shadowy figure known as the "Ripper," and was right in the middle of the terrible nightmare that silenced the whole event. It is painfully obvious that Stoker was extremely tormented by the whole affair !

Where the final piece of my jigsaw came from was the biggest surprise of all...................................

I believe Stoker wrote the novel "Dracula" as a way to purge himself of the terrible secret which he had to conceal, from the "autumn of terror" in 1888 to his death during the same week as the sinking of the Titanic in 1912.

At the time of Stoker's novel being published, he stated in a interview that "every book must contain some lesson, but I prefer that the readers should find it out for themselves" .........
In a preface to a 1901 edition of Dracula, Stoker made the following revealing statement :-
This series of crimes has not yet passed from the memory, a series of crimes which appear to have originated from the same source, and which at the time created as much repugnence (disgust) in people everywhere as the notorious murders of Jack the Ripper, which came into the story a little later...............

He also states that " the strange and eerie tragedy which is portrayed here is true, as far as all external circumstances are concerned."

Whilst writing the novel Dracula, Stoker was known to walk the beaches, shouting and screaming at the sea, whilst he "worked it out"..........................a man in tune with the forces of nature .........................or was the sheer frustration of keeping this terrible secret too much to bear ?

Stoker has shown for all time what a gallant human being he really was. Clearly a man who had a heart to match his conscience...............his words are moving................his compassionate "inner voice" must have been screaming..............
I have used this information to reassess the reading of the novel, including character analysis and a much deeper understanding of the plot. It's time for everyone to read the novel as Stoker intended us to. I very much hope that this will herald a completely new beginning for Dracula, and a total re-appraisal for the genius that was Bram Stoker.

Stoker told us all along that Dracula means Devil.................and everyone is surely aware of the novel's themes.................blood, sex and death. Putting it all together, everything now becomes stunningly clear !

I look forward to presenting my findings at this years World Dracula congress at Trinity College, Dublin, and also the following weekend (Halloween) at the Bram Stoker international film festival in Whitby, North Yorkshire. I eagerly await for the people of the world to finally see what Stoker was trying to tell them all along.

Stoker's determination to see that good would overcome evil, just as it did within his famous novel, under such agonizingly frustrating circumstances are what he should be remembered for. Now it is time to celebrate Stoker and the terrifying history lesson he has left to us, instead of frowning on his masterpiece as just a second rate gothic tale.

I would also like to state that I admire the tireless work of the many "Ripperologists," though it must be admitted that this was never my intended field. I simply kept digging until I found Stoker's Count Dracula, never thinking for a second that the "Ripper"would be lying in the same grave.................My intention was to uncover the origins of Count Dracula, not to have to make statements of this magnitude !

It is very true to say that were it not for the efforts of the Ripper School I may never have found the missing piece of the puzzle.................................... of course, I intend for them to dig deeper into this, as I will show them where all their answers are, thanks to Bram Stoker himself................

A thorough analysis of these startling discoveries will be provided in the 300 page "Dracula Incarnate" which is available to order through Amazon now. I am sure all the world's readers will be enthralled to read these fascinating details, and learn to understand Stoker's important message which is carried within his novel "Dracula"...............
Surely the darkest and cleverest piece of true history which was ever handed down to us !

Sincerely Yours, Andrew "Andy" Struthers.